For some people, sewing is a hobby, while for others, it’s their work. Whether it’s a hobby for you or a job, there are plenty of good reasons to invest in a sewing table or cabinet. Most people use their dining table or their drawing table for sewing.
Although it’s a good start, you can’t continue sewing on such surfaces for long.
On top of that, investing in a good sewing table or cabinet has a lot of benefits that will make your sewing task much easier and quicker. Sewing on an ordinary table will not give you the same motivation or the feel of a work environment as a sewing table. It also helps in keeping all your sewing tools in one place without making a mess in the entire room.
That is why we have curated a list of 10 best sewing tables for you. The list is in no particular order as different sewing tables have different features, and it’s up to you to choose the sewing table that is compatible with you and your needs.
If you have little to no idea what to look for in a sewing table when buying one, then here are some quick pointers that will help you to choose the best one according to your needs.
- Space or the dimensions of the cutting surface, depending on your projects, you may need a large surface for your sewing tasks or a smaller one.
- Drawers and cabinets. Most sewing tables have drawers and cabinets for you to store your essential tools. It’s a good idea to choose a sewing table that has the appropriate amount of drawers and cabinets. Not too many, nor too few.
- Construction material. The construction material used and its quality determine it’s longevity and durability, which are two very crucial factors to consider if you are planning to do this for the long term.
- Weight and height. Once again, the importance of weight and height of a sewing table depends on your needs.
- Extra features and benefits. Every sewing table has a few extra features and benefits. That’s how companies make their product stand out. Some of these features are useless, while some can even make or break the deal.
- The last and most important factor to consider when buying a sewing table or anything for that matter is your budget. Choose a sewing table that fits your budget and, at the same time, doesn’t require you to settle for less.
So, keeping these factors in mind, these are the 10 best sewing machines in the market that you can choose from.
1. Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table
If you are looking for a sewing table that has almost all the necessary qualities in it that you would want, then the Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table is the one.
The construction materials used in this product are metal and MDF, which makes it fairly durable, along with being sturdy and firm. The firm metal, the table is made up of, helps to keep the table firm and sturdy, which is a very common issue in other sewing tables. The table also has casters pre-attached to it, so it makes it easier to move it from one corner of your room to the other.
The surface of Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table is 59” in length, 35.8” in width, and 29” to 39”. Along with the great feature of adjustable height, the surface units of this table are also foldable, which means you can change the surface space according to your needs.
The adjustable height is also quite beneficial, as people can just adjust the height according to their height or their chair’s height. One can even work while standing because of the range of height it offers.
According to all the customer reviews, the surface of this sewing table is quite impressive as well. You will have a great time cutting and sewing through fabrics without inflicting any damage to the table’s surface. The firm metal, the table is made up of help to keep the table firm and sturdy, which is a very common problem in other sewing tables.
The Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table also has a couple of shelves under the cutting table, which allows you to keep all the essential tools and accessories close to hand distance, which means that you don’t have to get up from your workplace over and over again to get to your tools or accessories.
- Adjustable height and foldable cutting surface.
- Shelves under the table to keep everything in one place.
- Firm and sturdy construction material.
- Casters pre-attached to the table for easy movement.
- The Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table does not offer any warranty.
- The weight of this table is comparatively more than the other tables in this list, which makes it slightly difficult to adjust heights.
2. Sew Ready Eclipse Hobby Sewing Center Sewing Craft Table
With a fairly large surface and strong construction material, Sew Ready Eclipse Hobby Sewing Center Sewing Craft Table is also a pretty good option for you.
The dimensions of this sewing table are 60.25W x 23.75D x 29.25H. The construction materials used in the body of the table is heavy gauge steel and fabric for three drawers on the side of it. The strong heavy-gauge steel can prove itself to be quite durable and stable. As a matter of fact, Sew Ready Eclipse Hobby Sewing Center Sewing Craft Table has the credibility of being the most durable sewing table in this list.
Once again, the drawers can prove itself to be of great help when you need to store your sewing tools and supplies. Unfortunately, the table does have a weight limit. However, compared to the Arrow K8405, it is far better. It has a weight limit of 75 pounds for the main table and an additional weight limit of 25 pounds for the shelf on the side of the table as well.
Speaking of the side shelf, it can be folded down as well. It is quite helpful if you don’t have enough space in your room or apartment. However, one downside of Sew Ready Eclipse Hobby Sewing Center Sewing Craft Table is that it does not have casters attached to it, which means you can not easily move around this table often.
- Use of strong construction materials including heavy gauge steel and fabric.
- Fabric drawers provide space for the storage of tools and accessories.
- The adjustable shelf allows you to adjust the height of the table.
- Fold-down side table allows it to take less space.
- The weight limit is quite impressive compared to other sewing tables.
- No casters are attached for easy movement of this table.
- The Assembly process is a little complicated.
3. Arrow K8405 Wallaby II Kangaroo Crafting Cabinet and Table
At first sight, the Arrow K8405 Wallaby II Kangaroo Crafting Cabinet and Table will seem very expensive but, there are quite a few impressive features of this table that justify the price of the sewing table.
The table has a hydraulic lift that offers you three different positions for your sewing machine. You can also use this feature to tuck your sewing machine under the sewing table when you are done for the day. Another great feature of this table is the ability to close the stable door for more compact storage. The picture of this sewing table explains this very well.
Along with these, the Arrow K8405 Wallaby II Kangaroo Crafting Cabinet and Table have 33 spool holders, a large drawer, and a door tray. The large drawer lets you store all your tools and accessories conveniently in it.
The dimensions of this sewing table are as follows 70 ⅝” W x 59 ⅞” D x 29 ½”. Unlike the Sullivans 38431, this sewing table has a weight limit of 55 pounds, which can be accounted for as a disadvantage.
The construction materials used in it are melamine, laminate, MDF, and composite. These are all great materials, which one will expect from this sewing machine considering the price. However, for the price you pay, you get a 10-year warranty for this sewing machine, which is a lot more than what Sullivan 38431 offers, that is nothing.
- Hydraulic lift allows three different positions for your sewing machine.
- The ability to close the tray doors of this table, which makes it much smaller and compact. Beneficial for people who do not have a large space in their room.
- Large drawers to let you store all your essential tools and accessories, and 33 spool holders to keep all your spools in one place.
- Arrow K8405 Wallaby II Kangaroo Crafting Cabinet and Table is pretty expensive compared to other sewing tables.
- The assembly of this sewing machine is difficult and confusing. Plus, the user manual does not help provide a lot of useful information as well.
4. Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table
Arrow 900 is from the same brand as the last one, but there a lot of significant differences between the two, beginning with the price, which is half as the Arrow K8405. Unlike the last one, this model of Arrow’s sewing machine doesn’t have any weight limit, plus the construction materials used in this table are different as well. The materials used in this table are vinyl, laminate, MDF, and composite.
The dimensions of this sewing table are 63 ¾” W x 19 ¾” D x 30 ½” H, which is small in size compared to Arrow K8405. However, there are similarities between the two as well. Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table also has a hydraulic lift and a foldable surface. Arrow 900 is also difficult to assemble, just as Arrow K8405.
When the two-fold out leaves are closed, it looks like a small office desk, on which you can place your laptop or computer when not sewing. Features like this make the Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table more like a multipurpose table, which is a good thing, of course.
Other similarities of these two sewing tables include drawers, which Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table has four of, less than Arrow K8405, but more than enough considering the price and other features. Another great benefit you get even after paying half the price is the warranty on this table. Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table also has a ten-year warranty. It also comes with three finishes, oak, black, and white.
- One can use this sewing table as an office desk as well.
- It has ten years of warranty.
- It has four drawers so you can keep all your essential tools and accessories in one place near your sewing machine.
- The hydraulic lift supports multiple sewing machine models.
- Assembly is difficult, and the user manual does not help much.
- Some users have complained that the hydraulic lift does not work properly sometimes. However, it does not necessarily mean that it’s a fault of the product.
5. Giantex Folding Sewing Craft Table
Giantex Folding Sewing Craft Table has the best storage design among all the other sewing tables on this list. The USP of this product is its creative design, which makes it the table with the best storage design. However, along with the best storage design, Giantex Folding Sewing Craft Table has everything to offer that an ordinary sewing table would offer.
Starting with the dimensions of this table, 55.8″ L x 19.7″ W x 30.5″ H. Giantex does not have a weight limit as well, which means you can put as much weight on it as you want. The construction material used in this table is only MDF.
Now, coming to the best part of this table, the storage design. It has an adjustable shelf and a dual-storage bin. You can fold this table, to make it a small cabinet, which is really helpful if you have less space in your room, as you can fold it into a small cabinet when your work is done.
Additionally, Giantex Folding Sewing Craft Table also has five rolling wheels, two of which can be locked to keep the table in a stationary position, so it doesn’t move when working.
- Space and shelves for the storage of essential tools and accessories.
- It also has an adjustable shelf.
- Ability to fold the table into a small cabinet when not working.
- Five rolling wheels which make it easier to move from one place to another.
- Two of the wheels can be locked to keep the table in place.
- Once again, the assembly is a chore for this table as well.
- It does not have any warranty.
6. Offex Rolling Folding Fabric Cutting Table
The Offex Rolling Folding Fabric Cutting Table is another great sewing table at a reasonable price. It has most of the features that other sewing tables have along with a few others that may prove to be helpful for you as well.
Once again, starting with the dimensions of this sewing table, 58.75″ W x 36″ D x 30.25″ – 39.25″ H. The Offex Rolling Folding Fabric Cutting Table is made up of metal, MDF, and plastic, which are quite durable.
Once again, this sewing table has weight limits as well, 50 pounds for center/bottom panels, 25 pounds for the side panels, and 15 pounds for the wire drawers. If you haven’t figured it out by now, then yes, it has the same weight limit as Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers.
It also has six sets of casters attached to it, which are lockable, of course. It will help you move the table from one corner of your room to another effortlessly, and lock the wheels when you don’t want it to move anymore. It also has two slide-out mesh drawers, just like Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers.
One thing new feature, this sewing table offers that others don’t is the grid with inches and centimeters for measurements.
- Foldable and easy to store.
- It has lockable casters for easy movement and stability.
- Drawers for additional storage capacity.
- Grid with inches and centimeters for easy measurement.
- No adjustable height, which means you have to work in fixed height.
- The weight limit is no different from Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers.
7. Southern Enterprises Eaton Rolling Craft Station Sewing Table
Southern Enterprises Eaton Rolling Craft Station Sewing Table is a great sewing table considering the features it has its price. In other words, this sewing table has provides the best value for your money.
The dimensions of these tables are 31.5” W x 19” D x 29.5” H, which are relatively smaller than other sewing tables. The construction materials used in this sewing table are MDF and melamine, which are pretty durable for long-term use.
It also has a weight limit of 30 pounds on the top table, 20 pounds on the folding table, and 15 pounds on each shelf. These shelves can prove themselves to be quite helpful for keeping your most useful tools and accessories near the sewing machine.
The side table can also be folded down when not in use, which provides a little more extra space around the table. Southern Enterprises Eaton Rolling Craft Station Sewing Table also has rotating casters attached to it for easier movement. Just like the Giantex, this table also has a caster that needs to be locked to keep the table in one place.
Although the Southern Enterprises Eaton Rolling Craft Station Sewing Table does not have any warranty, it is still the best value you will get for its price.
- Impressive weight capacity for the top and side table along with the shelves.
- Lockable casters for easy movement and keeping the table in a stationary position.
- Foldable leaf table on the side for convenient storage.
- Southern Enterprises Eaton Rolling Craft Station Sewing Table also has no warranty.
- The Assembly process is complicated.
8. Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers
Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers is more of a multipurpose table than just an ordinary sewing table. It is another great product from Sew Ready. It has some great features that may impress you and satisfy all your needs in one sewing table.
Starting with the dimensions of this table, which are 60” x 36” D x 30.25” – 39.25” H. The construction materials used in this table are not disclosed for unknown reasons, but going by the customer reviews, it’s quite durable. It has a weight limit of 50 pounds for the top of the table, which could be a disappointment for some people, 25 pounds for the side shelves, and 15 pounds for each basket.
The Sew Ready Studio Designs 13374 Folding Cutting Table with Drawers is completely foldable, which means you can fold and store it in any corner of your house when you are not using it. It will help you save some space in your room. The adjustable height of this sewing table is one of the best features of this table.
The two slide-out mesh drawers provided may not be enough for some people, but you can definitely work around it. There are also casters available, which can be locked as well for stability. However, some users have complained that the legs of this table are wobbly, making it unstable.
Along with all of this, it also has a ten-year warranty, which makes you consider buying it even more.
- The adjustable height is one of its best features.
- It has a ten-year warranty.
- Lockable casters are included with the table.
- Unlike most of the other sewing tables in this list, this table is pretty is easy to set up.
- Two mesh drawers for additional storage space.
- Some users complained that the table is not that stable.
- Adjusting heights can be difficult for some people.
9. Arrow 601 Gidget I Sew-Much-More Folding Craft Table
The Arrow 601 Gidget I Sew-Much-More Folding Craft Table is the most simple and probably the smallest sewing table on the list. It lacks a lot of key features that other sewing tables in this list have to offer, but people who don’t have essential sewing needs may find this sewing table reasonable to buy.
It has very few parts, which is why it comes in assembles. The dimensions for this sewing table is 40″ W x 19 ¾” D x 28 ¼” H, which is fine, not too good nor too bad. The construction material used in this sewing table is melamine and MDF steel, which are the most common materials used in most sewing tables in this list.
The top surface comes with a sewing machine dock, which limits sewing machines that are 17-1/2” long by 7-3/8” deep. Some people may find it disappointing, along with the fact that it only supports a weight limit of 35 pounds, which is way less than what sewing machines offer.
One unique feature of the Arrow 601 Gidget I Sew-Much-More Folding Craft Table is that you can collapse its legs for easier storage options. The machine platform is also adjustable for height convenience. It comes with a three-year warranty, which may cover up for the lack of other features, or it may not, depending on you.
- It has a three-year warranty
- You can collapse the legs of this table for easier storage.
- The sewing machine platform is adjustable for height convenience.
- It’s very small and compact, which makes it easier to store.
- The cutting surface is not large enough for convenient sewing.
- The weight limit of 35 pounds is really low compared to other sewing tables in the market.
10. Sewing Rite SewStation 101 Cutting Table
The Sewing Rite SewStation 101 Cutting Table is almost the same as Arrow 601, except for some minor differences. It’s a great sewing table if you are low on budget, or if you are not seriously into sewing.
The dimensions of this sewing table are 40” W x 19.75” D x 28.25” H, which means it has a surface space of 5.5 feet. The construction material used for the legs is steel, while the tabletop is made up of melamine.
Along with a decent surface space area, it comes with the same weight limit of 35 pounds as Arrow 601. It also has a similar foldable leg system, which lets you save a lot of space in your room when you are not using it.
The only difference between Sewing Rite SewStation 101 and the Arrow 601 Cutting Table is that Arrow 601 had a three-year warranty to make up for the lack of features but unfortunately, Sewing Rite SewStation 101 Cutting Table does not provide any warranty, which is quite disappointing. Another weak point of this sewing table is that it does not support multiple kinds of machine sizes.
However, if you are tight on budget or if you only sew occasionally, then this sewing table or the Arrow 601 can prove itself to be quite helpful.
- Foldable legs to take up less space.
- 5.5 feet of surface space.
- The table comes pre-assembled, which is really convenient considering the complaints of users of other tables.
- The Sewing Rite SewStation 101 Cutting Table offers no warranty at all.
- It does not support all sewing machine sizes.
- The weight limit is also quite low, as mentioned in Arrow 601 as well.
Sewing Table Buying Guide
A lot of times, people buy stuff that they later regret. There could be a lot of reasons for this. Maybe, there was a better deal available on some other product. Maybe there was a product with better features. Maybe you did not know about the diversity and choices you had for that product in the market.
Whatever the reason is for your regret, you can avoid it by doing a little research before buying. In the context of sewing tables or cabinets, researching the features available, construction materials that are the most durable in sewing tables, size of the surface of the table, weight, and height of the table, etc. can save you a lot of regret and cash.
For your convenience, we have written a buying guide for the sewing table, so that you don’t have to wander anywhere else in the market for the best advice.
Factors to consider to choose the best sewing table according to your needs.
To choose the best sewing table for yourself, you must know about all the different features and factors that come int play. Getting to know about these factors and features will help navigate you to which one best suits your situation and needs.
We have talked about dimensions in each of these sewing table reviews, and the reason for that is it is a crucial factor to consider. According to the type of projects you are working on, or the kind of sewing you want to do, you may need a sewing table with small surface space, you may need a large surface space, or you may need both.
Some tables come with a foldable side shelf to help you save room space when you don’t need unnecessary space on your sewing table. You may also consider the space in drawers or cabinets of the sewing table, according to the number of tools and accessories you want to store in there.
Weight is another factor that you should consider if you are going to move your table a lot. Some tables come with casters attached to the table, so it’s easier to move them from one place to another, and some don’t, which makes it hard to move.
Talking about weight, you should also consider the weight limit of the sewing table. Some sewing table does not have any weight limit, while some have, some have a weight limit of up to 100 pounds while some only have a weight limit of 35 pounds. You need to decide for yourself by considering the price, other factors, and the weight limit that you need.
Height is another essential factor to consider. It’s necessary to find out the height that works best for you before deciding to buy any sewing table. Some sewing table helps you in making the decision easier by providing adjustable height features. Most users find these kinds of sewing tables most helpful because you can adjust the height for different situations and different people.
Construction materials matters, as it tells you how long the product can last or how much it can take before it gives up. A lot of different kinds of materials are used in different sewing tables. Some of the most common quality construction materials used in most sewing tables are MDF, melamine, steel, metal, etc.
You can do your own additional research on each construction material if you want to, in order to get a more solid idea about the quality of each material.
We always look for products that offer some warranty or guarantee because it gives us a sense of trust and security over the brand or product. However, in the case of the sewing tables, not all sewing tables provide a warranty.
That is why the product that offers a warranty will always have the edge over the ones that don’t. Of course, the ones that give the best warranties will be most costly, that is why you can always go for other options as well that offer less warranty to fit in your budget.
When buying a sewing table, small features matter too. Features like attached casters that let you move your table from one place to another without effortlessly, features like lockable casters that let you lock the position of your sewing table, features like foldable sewing table, which would turn your sewing table into a small cabinet to free up extra space, features like spool holders, etc.
Sometimes, these features can make a huge impact on someone’s decision to buy a sewing table.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the difference between a sewing table and a sewing cabinet?
Ans. There isn’t really any major difference between the two. Sewing tables are tables that only serve the purpose of placing a sewing machine on it. In other words, if you have a dedicated sewing workplace, then a sewing table would be the better option for you.
On the other hand, sewing cabinets are tables that come with extra space like drawers to let you store all your essential tools and accessories. In other words, sewing cabinets are the better option if you don’t have a dedicated sewing workplace, and you are working from your home, however, despite the difference between the two.
Over the years, people have been referring to sewing tables and sewing cabinets as the same product. So, the difference between the two doesn’t really matter anymore. All that matters are the factors and features we talked about in this article.
Q. What is the ideal size of a sewing table?
Ans. Some experienced people in this field say that the ideal size is 6×3, but it doesn’t really matter because different people have different needs and characteristics. So, it more of a personal opinion-type question. Whatever works best for you is the ideal size of a sewing table.
Although you can choose any sewing table from the above list, some of our favorite picks from the list based on all the factors and features we just talked about are Sullivans 38431 Home Hobby Adjustable Height Foldable Table, of course. It has the best features at the best price. In other words, it provides the best value for your money.
Arrow K8405 Wallaby II Kangaroo Crafting Cabinet and Table is also a great option considering all the extra space and features it offers. The only thing stopping it from becoming our favorite is the high price point of this table.
Arrow 900 Auntie Cutting Portable Sewing Table is one of our favorites too because of the obvious features, but mostly because of its design and look.
These were the top ten best sewing machines available on the market that offers the best value for your money.